With over 40 years experience in accountancy and formerly registered, as a member in
practice to provide these services, I can offer you a professional service, based on my personal experience in many accountancy fields.
- I have Professional Indemnity cover for my clients.
- I started my accountancy career working for a large, London based, firm of Chartered
Accountants, where I worked on the audit of several large companies.
- Moved from there to working in various local authorities throughout the
- Rose to a Principal Accountant graded post in Local
- Subsequently, I contracted out my services, specialising in setting up budgets
and in budgetary control for a number of large local authorities.
- Prepared annual reports and completed very complex returns required by the
- Moved to a large local Cash & Carry firm, as their company
- I then purchased my own caravans and saw a niche in caravan tax, so set up my existing
business, working from home.
- When I started in caravan tax there was only one other firm offering this service and
they didn't have the advantage of being caravan owners themselves.
- For many years I have worked sympathetically with my clients as one of
- In 2010, I sold up my caravans, as I didn't have the time to do my own lettings,
thereby, releasing me to concentrate on my growing tax business.
- In 2011, the business took on a sub-contractor to provide assistance two afternoons a
week but that ceased when she resigned on ill-health grounds in 2015.
- We now have a further, chartered accountant, sub-contractor to assist in areas for
which I am not registered.
- Recently, we set up the Easy4Clients accounting system, to provide an
efficient service for small businesses, using online programmes which will provide monthly statements to most electronic devices.
- As a hobby, I gave 36 years to St.John Ambulance, rising to County Treasurer and,
subsequently, became County Order Secretary of the Order of St.John. I retired from St. John in 1998 but am still a Serving Brother of the Order
- I have had a considerable knowledge of the legal system, since I served as a magistrate
since 1997, and became a bench chairman in 2007. I retired from that post, after 16 years service, in March, 2013.
New text box >>